A collection of doodles with a bit of commentary by RICK GREEN - your cartooning friend

Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Two Shall Become One

I have been ignore this blog too long. I have a back log of things that I've been meaning to post here, but I think that I've been giving so much attention to my weight lost challenge I haven't really had any desire to put something together. Today, I officially end my 6 month quest. I will be posting the final tally and a few interesting photos on Monday. So, stay "tooned."

In the mean time, I had a photography session with my youngest, Marla, and her fiancĂ©, Chris, last Saturday. It was a perfect January day on the Oregon Coast. We took over 500 photos. Here are some of the better ones (I thought) I took that day. The wedding is in June—our last one to flee the nest. I'm not ready for this...

We did a lot of laughing that day.

 Marla didn't particularly like this one. I thought it turned out well.

We're under the bridge over the Chetco River. We found a lot of interesting spots for photos down there. That's Hwy 101 running overhead. 


 I was laying on my back on the ground to get this shot.





 One of my favorite from that day.


 Mill Beach, for you locals.





We had a lot of fun with these. 



Chris signs the papers on what will be their new home in a few days—quite an accomplishment for a young man. Here they are standing on their future front porch. 

 An old building just across the California state line.


Poor Chris. He endures a lot of teasing from his future wife. It comes from the way she was raised.




 We had to make the quick trip down into California to get some photos in the Redwoods.






Driving back we saw this herd of Elk and had to stop for a photo. I just told them to walk backwards towards the fence so that they wouldn't scare them off. It worked and we got the shot.





You're all invited to the wedding. We'll give you an Oregon Welcome when you come.

There will most certain be more wedding updates in the days ahead. So, again, stay "tooned" for more.

11 comments:

Brenda said...

Very nice photos! You've had a big year and now 2011 looks pretty exciting for you too!

Reddirt Woman said...

Ah, Rick... be careful with those invites... There are a few of us that might be brazen enough to take you up on them... but I do have one question, well, actually,two questions.

The photo where you show them starting the walk up the dirt road towards their future life together... is that one big pothole in the road? Right in front of the future son-in-law?

The other question... how are you all going to deal with the empty nest?

Congrats to the last of the girls to walk down the aisle... and hugs to both of her parents.

From the Old, Brazen Red Dirt Gal.

Hally said...

Eeek! How beautiful she is, and you can tell the fiance is pretty enamoured with her. I *love* the one where he is kissing her forehead and the sunlight is shining through. As if the heavens sent a beam directly to them.

Congrats on all three girls, turning into such gracious ladies. I imagine, they'll be great wives.

All the best to you & your wife.
Happy New Year!
Hally

Erika Jean said...

um.... hello Mr. Photographer!!!!!

Vicki said...

What beautiful pictures!! Looking forward to seeing more! You live in a really pretty part of the country!! Your daughter is gorgeous! So excited for them!

Kathy said...

I love the photos! You did a great job and they look happy.

Mountain Woman said...

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding! I loved all the pictures. To be able to purchase a house at that age is really an amazing accomplishment. You have lots of reasons to be very proud.

Rachie-Babe said...

Nice to see you posting again!

Darlene said...

Beautiful photos. I like the ones where they are jumping up by the ocean. Looks like a lot of fun. Congratulations on the up-coming wedding.

Gypsy Guru said...

I feel repetitious, but what the hay - these are gorgeous shots and your youngest gal will treasure them in years to come. Best of luck to the young 'uns and to you with your "empty nest" - bet you'll have it filled with plenty in no time at all!

Eti said...

Great photo shoot! I love them laying on the blanket. Very nice.