A collection of doodles with a bit of commentary by RICK GREEN - your cartooning friend

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Airplane Art - Make Some Hay

This is the first in a series that I guess I could call "Airplane Art". When I travel on planes I like to take my drawing pad along and doodle the hours away. I have four different pieces that I kept on this trip - another one I gave to a young soldier sitting next to me - going to Iraq soon, and another I gave to a kind flight attendant - don't call them stewardesses any more.

Besides filling the empty time, I like drawing on planes because my art is forced to be "off the cuff." Whatever comes out is what I got to work with. This drawing started out being just a face - all I knew was that I wanted to draw someone leaning forward. The hat was added and then the overalls. The rest just followed. Also, if you make a mistake, or if the plane suddenly jumps and makes your pen move, you've got to work it in some how.



What do you think?

6 comments:

rhee. said...

Holy crap you're awesome.

MG said...

thanks ;)

rhee. said...

yes it is a good thing. Haha =)

Raavi said...

you are talented...keep it up..

Saska said...

HEY!..Hay! I can relate to this guy!

Anonymous said...

you are totally awe inspiring!