A collection of doodles with a bit of commentary by RICK GREEN - your cartooning friend

Thursday, January 4, 2007

Tree Eater

Welcome to my blog - my first attempt at something like this - so it is a learning experience. I am looking for a place to post some of my cartoons. It is my goal to frequently add some of my creations so that you will be encouraged to check in often. Your feed back is always welcomed and will be enjoyed by me.

This first cartoon is one of my favorites. I live in the NW and the lumber industry is a big part of the culture here. Looking at this cartoon you might think that I am a "tree hugger." But that would be an inaccurate description of me. I am just a guy that enjoys illustrating ridiculous situations in cartoon. The reason I like this cartoon is simply because I think it turned out very well. I like the color, the faces, and the humor that it depicts.

What do you think?

5 comments:

spencer said...

Poor sap.

Eti said...

I like Lumber Jack. How much for this one Rick?

Eti said...

I found the egg man! On the limb under the blue bird. Kinda dark but I recognize him!!

Anonymous said...

Had to come back and look at your very first post. Bet when you posted this you never thought you'd be a celebrity in the blogosphere a year later did you?

Well done, you're a great artist, and a really nice guy for a stranger!

Gail

M. D. Vaden of Oregon said...

Howdy.

Just a quick note to let you know I got your reply.

Looked at the cartoon several days ago. good job on the personification of the tree. I like the way you did the wood grain look on the teeth.

Cheers,

M. D. Vaden of Oregon