A collection of doodles with a bit of commentary by RICK GREEN - your cartooning friend

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Airplane Art - Fat Music

Of the four sketches that I brought home from my trip to Oklahoma/Texas this is the one that my wife likes the best. That surprised me. I thought my previous post was the best one - but who can account for taste? She said that one of the reasons she liked it was because she thought it was something a little different than what I normally draw. That response surprised me too. It's not like I've never drawn an obese person before - though I will say that I've not drawn many horns and my representation of music is altogether different than I've ever drawn before - so - maybe - she's right (boy, do I hope that she doesn't read this entry). Maybe it IS different.

Still, I think that she's wrong about which drawing is the best. But, this is not the first time that we've had different opinions about something. And, I dare say that it won't be the last.

There are two more to come. (I have a long story to tell with one of them) You tell me which one of the four illustrations you think is best.

9 comments:

Cecily R said...

I've been looking at your stuff and I'm very impressed. You're very talented! This is maybe a little off the subject of your post, but I have a question for you.

If you had a child who showed some pretty amazing artistic talent at a fairly young age, would you put them in classes, allowing them to learn techniques, etc., or would you simply let them do their own thing until they were a bit older?

P.S. I'm with your wife on this one. I like her choice.

KaiBlue said...

Checked out your doodles and find them exceedingly groovy. Your blog is interesting and your point of view poinient.
I refer to my art as scribbles and I do learn a lot from nice folks like you that leave pointers and insight into drawing and sketching.
Thanks!!
Peace Kai

Cherokee said...

Hi..

Just wanted to say that I like your stuff, and that if you don't already, you should open a shop at cafepress.com and sale your work on calendars, prints, cards and stuff. I think you would do well....

Cherokee
http://cherokeesworld.com

stephanie said...

wow... your awesome! i found your blog via dawns blog, and i love what you did there!

Unknown said...

your amazing

Cecily R said...

Thanks for your answer to my question! It made total sense. At this point I just do my best to make a lot of art supplies available to her and hope that's enough. At least for the time being.

Thanks again!

UnschoolingMama said...

I love this one, the music notes are the icing.

Nicole

Anonymous said...

I like this one, Looks like a man on the streets of New Orleans or something. You are great. I would love to get a quote from you on something for my kids.

soumya mukerji said...

Great work there! Few ppl explore and develop their intrinsic gifts nowadays, and m glad ur doing justice to urs! :) all the best.