A collection of doodles with a bit of commentary by RICK GREEN - your cartooning friend

Friday, January 5, 2007

Easy Rider


I drew this last night and finished it this morning.

Marla, my youngest, purchased a Harley book for me this Christmas ( it was quite the "Harley Christmas" for me this year) and in that book was a photo of a remake of the Captain America bike made famous in Peter Fonda's movie, "Easy Rider." I've been wanting to draw a monster on a motorcycle for some time and while looking for a good photograph to use in that book I decided that I would use the Captain America bike in the drawing.

At first I didn't like how it was turning out, but before long I began to think it was turning out OK. So, I really got into the piece and it began to come together well. I like the contrast between the smooth, slick and the gnarly old creature riding it. I thought that I might make the rider purple, instead of going with the obvious green, but again, contrast was important and green seemed to express that the best for me.

I hope you like it.

1 comment:

BUNGO said...

I like it very much dude. very colorful and fun! Nice job.