A collection of doodles with a bit of commentary by RICK GREEN - your cartooning friend

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Aileen in Color

The internet and this blog have really increased my accessibility to others. Right now I am working my way down through a list of request for illustrations from a number of different people that have placed orders with me. I enjoy getting to know each person just a bit, to learn about their interest, and to work with them in creating a humorous scenario for their illustration.

This is Aileen (pronounced A-leen), and she recently ordered a caricature from me.

Among the things that she wanted for her illustration was color. So color she got!

I like this drawing, if I do say so myself. Previously I have tried to draw this concept of paint flowing out of a brush. I gave up on that earlier attempt because I didn't like how it was turning out. This one turned out much better.

At the last minute I decided to follow the flow of colors on the color wheel when I filled in the stream of paint - rather than drawing in random colors. Doing that, I think, added to the appeal of the illustration. Maybe I should have used more green. I like green. (A reference of my last name for you uninformed readers out there.) Overall I am very please with the way Aileen's caricature turned out. And yes, Eggy is there.

Aileen was also interested in having her house included into the illustration. One look at the photo and you can tell that she is a unique individual, and I say that as complement. If you visit her blog , and take a look at some of her unique art, I think you will come to the same conclusion.

Aileen says that she is redesigning her blog so that she can use her new illustration there - to be posted there in the near future I am told.

Update: Aileen's illustration now sits on the header of her blog. I am really impressed with the way she has it incorporated into the scheme of her web page. Go take a peek and leave a nice comment.

23 comments:

BetteJo said...

I'm enjoying your blog, and I can certainly see why people are coming to you for caricatures. You're very good at them!!! Wow!

AndreAnna said...

Wow, this is really really really really (really) impressive!

Can you put me on your list for July? I want to redesign my blog once this new baby comes and this would be perfect!!!

You do such lovely work - I am loving going through your blog!

Stephanie said...

Hi thanks for visiting my blog and for giving me the tip on the exercise ball. My chiropractor has them in his office... might have to ask him about them. Love your art!

Rachel said...

That's fantastic!! Wow.
How creative and impressive.
Thanks for stopping by my little blog. Yes, she did sing in the rain :-) She sings everywhere. LOL.
*off to look at more of your blog*

Aileen said...

I'm so thrilled with my illustration, Rick, thanks again for doing such an awesome job!!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

You are good!! This caricature looks exactly like her. Might have to have you do one for my son the new Air Force enlistee!

Hallie

Btw, not sure it's fair that you "baled out" of the newest tag. I suffered through so you should have to as well!! :-)

Sila Lumenn said...

That is so gorgeous, Rick! It's officially my new favorite. I especially adore your smiley face flowers. Is that flower on the right giving the others a raspberry?..lol I love it!

Sila

Amber said...

Wow you are talented! I can't wait to catch up on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.

Kristy said...

OH i just love all the color! Wonderful job!

Unknown said...

I love the color flowing from the paint brush concept!

Slackermommy said...

That's awesome! I'm sure she's very pleased.

Travis Erwin said...

Nice work. I found you after following a comment you left over on another blog.

I'll be back.

www.traviserwin.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow, you do some really great work!

Elizabeth said...

Not too shabby!! Very VERY colorful... you definitely fulfilled her request in my humble opinion. :)

I haven't seen the Cavemen commercials but I did here that they got their own TV show. Has it been cancelled yet? ;)

Elizabeth said...

PS...
I just WISH I had this kind of talent! :)

Kristen Painter said...

You know, I think you're the most visually talented person who's stopped by my blog lately.

I love your drawings - some of them are really witty! I especially like the sub as a bear one. Funny stuff.

Bronie said...

great job rick! i have to come visit often to see what incredibly creative ventures you're up to, and this visit was well worth it!

sounds like aileen is thrilled! what's not to like?

Mama Tango said...

I think that's one of the best ones I've seen thus far. I can't imagine you doing a bad drawing of paint flow, but you nailed this one right on the head. It's perfect! I'm sure Aileen is very happy with it!

Jessica said...

Thanks for visiting! You do incredible work!

Nature Girl said...

Very very cool! Aileen is a lucky lady..and you are a very talented artist! I followed your link from a comment you left on MapperSnapper.
Stacie

Anonymous said...

I love your drawings!! Could you please tell us all how much a caricature runs to have one made? I am interested :)

Thanks!
Lisa

Rick said...

To anonymous:There is contact information on the right column of my blog to contact me about how to get a price. I don't like to publish what I charge, but most people find me VERY reasonable. I consider myself to be the cartoonist for the common man (and woman).

Anonymous said...

That is a great capture...love it!
Kathy Ray