A collection of doodles with a bit of commentary by RICK GREEN - your cartooning friend

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Airplane Art - Homecoming Trip

I flew back to Oklahoma last week - this time with my wife and youngest daughter. We were there for a happy reason this time - our middle daughter was being presented in the Homecoming court at her university - which is also the alma-mater of both my wife and I.

It is with no small pride that I tell you she was crowned Homecoming Queen! What a joy! We're very proud of all our girls, but that was a special moment for us.

The added joy of going was that we got to see our eldest daughter and her (serious) boyfriend as well. So we had a bit of a family reunion.


As usual, I took my pad and created some more airplane art. I did a LOT of doodling on this trip. I don't think that I'll post it all at once. But here is an example of the kind of stuff that I do while I'm traveling - off the cuff (way off) - just whatever comes to mind. Don't ask me to explain it. The answer is that I don't know where it comes from. I just start drawing and this "stuff" comes out.

The egg-man is easy to find in this one.

8 comments:

onthegomom said...

That is something to be so proud of, congrats to your daughter and your family!!!!! What a fun time!

http://momoftheyear-not.blogspot.com/

Kara said...

Congrats to your daughter! Thanks for visiting my blog. I love you artwork :)

Unknown said...

congrats to your daughter, great family pictures too!

Unknown said...

COngratulations to your daughter! It looks like a great family reunion!

Ms. Mamma said...

That is wonderful. You have gorgeous family! By vintage I just meant that parts are scare to come by...you know dif body style etc. You're practically a baby! ;)

Candace said...

What is the egg man? I've been looking and can't find him. What is he all about? I've never been good looking between the lines.

Rick said...

To Candace:The Egg-Man is basically a tiny little circle with arms and legs. I hide him in almost all of my drawings - just for fun. That's basically the whole reason - no deep significance.

If you zoom in on the drawing that I did for Dawn (Oct. 18th) you can find Eggy at the toe of the shoe, standing in the grass. Happy hunting.

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Congratulations to you and your wife!!! And to your daughter as well! Wonderful family reunion!

chris p