A collection of doodles with a bit of commentary by RICK GREEN - your cartooning friend

Sunday, January 7, 2007

Mama's Lava Sauce


I drew this one while my wife was having radiation therapy for her cancer. We were able to stay in a housing unit provided by the hospital in Coos Bay, OR while she was under going her treatments. I had a lot of time on my hands and this was the result of that extra time.

I wanted to draw something using fire and this is what came to mind. I thought the usual drawing would have fire coming out of the guy's mouth, so I changed it to portray a fellow burping it out of his ears. The parrot came because I tried to think of something that would be sitting at the right height to get hit by the flame.

Most of my cartoons are loaded on my computer by merely taking a digital photograph of the drawing. So the quality is not the best. I need to go back and scan them all into my computer.

What do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did not know this was a website at all.

Anonymous said...

That was good. too bad someone was in the hospital while you drew it.