A collection of doodles with a bit of commentary by RICK GREEN - your cartooning friend

Friday, July 13, 2007

Planning Commission

A couple of years ago many of the good people of Brookings, OR were in an uproar over the town counsel's plan to annex a large tract of land located in the hills above the town. The council voted to move forward with the idea, but the deal later fell through because, supposedly, the Mayor and officials were making it too difficult for the contractor to work with them.

Anyway, before the measure passed there was much debate at the Planning Commission meetings for and against the plan. I wondered what it would be like if Big Foot were to step into the debate. So I drew this cartoon for the local paper.

For what its worth: There has been one Big Foot sighting since I've lived here (five and a half years now). A trucker reportedly saw one on highway 199, just over the state line. I tell people that I don't believe in Big Foot, but I would sure like to see one. No one would believe me anyway.

What do you think?

No comments: