A collection of doodles with a bit of commentary by RICK GREEN - your cartooning friend

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Just Hanging With Jesus

Jon saw the doodle that I created for my sister, Becky. He is a youth pastor in Yreka, CA.  Jon contacted me about an illustration he has wanted for sometime.  He said that he wanted an illustration depicting Jesus just hanging out with teens.  While, to me, drawing Jesus as a cartoon seems less than worthy of such an honored  subject, I'm not one to turn down a paying job.  (In other words: I can be bought.)

After looking for various photos of teens just hanging out, this is what I came up with.  Jon liked what he saw.  He said that he was going to frame it and hang it in his new office that his church is building.

I assume Jon, that you'll have the illustration hanging under proper lighting—give it a heavenly glow.

4 comments:

Cassie said...

That is awesome! I'm sure Jesus wouldn't mind you drawing him as a cartoon to make a buck ;D

Connie said...

It's nice. I really liked the one you drew for your sister too. I found it very comforting.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Just found you this afternoon and your work is awesome. One more reason why I get very little done on my days off finding creative artist as yourself.
You might want to be on my Temptation Mondays post sometime
Take care
Maggie

Kila said...

What a great idea for an illustration!