A collection of doodles with a bit of commentary by RICK GREEN - your cartooning friend

Friday, June 15, 2007

Holy Fire in Color


Here is the colored version of Holy Fire. To tell you the truth, I'm not really sure I like how it turned out. I think the colt gets lost in the way I colored in the letters. I think if I had to do it over again I would choose a much simpler scheme for the letters. I was trying to create a fire effect without using the same colors that are in the horse's mane and tail.

I haven't given it to the friends that commissioned it. I hope that they like it.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the picture! For colors, I got an idea by looking at the black & white. One idea is for the horse, its mane, and the specific flames be white or whitish or light colored with HOLY FIRE having one color (non-white) rather than rainbow scheme. Another idea is the reverse (white letters with the horse & flames having same color scheme as now).