A collection of doodles with a bit of commentary by RICK GREEN - your cartooning friend

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Johnny


This is a caricature I did of a few month back of friend I've known for a number of years. One of his three beautiful daughters (It takes a special man to be a father to three beautiful girls.) wanted me to draw it for a birthday gift. I know the family from two great years of living out in the little community of Camp Creek - NW Oklahoma. You won't find it on a map. Johnny is a great guy and I was happy to do it for him.

Actually, I think this is one of the best caricature that I have done. I just really like the way it turned out. This is the black and white version. I'll post the color one soon.

Johnny enjoys hunting. We spent one fall morning hunting some wild turkey together - a very difficult creature to hunt. If you're one of those that opposes hunting you might be happy to learn that I gave myself a black-eye on the scope of the gun when I fired it. But the turkey tasted good.

What do you think?

No comments: