A collection of doodles with a bit of commentary by RICK GREEN - your cartooning friend

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Do You Believe In Magic

This is a doodle that I'm not too proud of. I drew it sometime ago and have been hanging on to it. I'm running low on material to post at the moment and so I found myself forced to post this one. I call it "Magic." The little fire ball is suppose to represent magic of some sort. Got it?

To tell you the truth, I don't even know if Eggy made it into this illustration. So maybe you want to save yourself the trouble of looking.

One of the reasons I'm short on doodles is that I had another rejection on a caricature. I almost posted the rejected drawing with the idea of doing a follow up on my second attempt. But I decided that I would wait.

Also...

I got this photo from Andi the other day. It is of her daughter, Arielle, holding her copy of Doodlenormous. Doesn't she look happy? Andi said that she "loved seeing the Doodle of Eggy's," but they could only find 7 of the 13 hidden in the illustration. So, I sent her a cheat sheet to help.

If you've considered purchasing a copy of Doodlenormous now is the time to buy, because, well, my youngest is graduating from High School soon and I'm trying to save up to purchase her a laptop as a gift. Isn't that reason enough?

The instructions are on the right side bar. Go ahead. Make my day.

8 comments:

Chris H said...

BLAST!!! I had forgotten about your doodle thingee.... I will TRY AND REMEMBER to send you some money! I will email ya when I do.

Chris H said...

Eggy is NOWHERE to be seen, poor Eggy... left out in the cold. *sniff*

Laura ~Peach~ said...

we love doodlenormous.... the kids had a ball with it before I even got to peep at it... (cant recall if I told you that way back when)HUGSSSSSSSS
Laura

Anonymous said...

The doodle makes me think of our reaction to sin and how putting our hands to the wrong things brings about a spark of trouble. I think it's amazing as usual and a good visual reminder for me to walk the narrow path.

Too bad you don't live near us. Dave builds and sells laptops as a sideline job.

Rick said...

To Ginger: A very kind thought Ginger. We're looking at buying a Mac, so probably not an item that Dave is into.

Andi said...

Just got the notice of the posting! Cool! Yeah, she was very happy to find them all. I told her not to ruin it by tracing them so we left the plastic cover on and she is coloring the doodles over and over again. Easy to do with a dry erase marker.

That is just terrible about the rejections. I would never reject such a hard undrertaking....

Sorry that people just can't be happy with what they are sent. They probably reject christmas and birthday presents too. Life is too short....

*hugs* Rick! You're one in a million!

Love,
Andi

Brenda said...

I think that guy may have worked on my carthe other day.

Terry said...

my bestest friend, felisol would surely love the picture you have here at the side of that tree giving the saw man a really bad glare!
just recently, she had some bad time with someone who attacked her beautiful large trees.
felisol is the sister that is posting the adventures of the scarf for the next few days.if you have the time rick, go and visit her blog, "on the far side of the sea" and read about her trees...terry