A collection of doodles with a bit of commentary by RICK GREEN - your cartooning friend

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sneak Peek 2

Here's the pen work on the afore men- tioned retiring prin- ciple's illustra- tion. I need to do a little more work on it, but for the most part this stage of the drawing is done.

I always feel better when I get this part completed and I'm happy with it. The color makes it come to life, but if I think the caricature looks good at this point then I'm happy.

Of course the final test comes when I hear back from the client after they see the final product. I'm learning more and more that there are no guarantees in the world of cartooning.

Stay "tooned" for more.

5 comments:

Alice said...

i love all the little details you add to it - like the worm in the apple and the little mouse and mouse hole. this looks great, i can't wait to see it with color!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

love it but why is eggy not there yet??? love the mousey too he made me laugh!

grammie of 5 said...

I love the paddle on the wall. I NEVER had to go to the Principals office. So I don't know if there was one hanging there. But, the boys coach taught a class in high school. He had one hanging on the wall, he used it a few times too. That was back in the day.

Aleta said...

I'm enjoying seeing the sneak peeks and look forward to your final product too!

Anonymous said...

Nice to see things before the finished article. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Still haven't put up our picture - what will work and going on holiday we just haven't had time to jiggle things around.