A collection of doodles with a bit of commentary by RICK GREEN - your cartooning friend

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Ben-O-Mite

This is a drawing of my oldest daughter's boyfriend, Ben. He came out to Oregon to visit us just after Christmas. The young man sent a Christmas present with my daughter, Tarah, for me to open on Christmas Day, and I had nothing in hand to give him when he arrived.

I like Ben. He's a nice guy. He's my go-to-guy when it comes to sports information. So, I had to give him something. This is what I came up with.

Thanks again for the OU gear, Ben.

The nickname, "Ben-O-Mite" derived from the fact that my #2 daughter is dating a guy named Ben as well. It can be very confusing at times trying to figure out which Ben we're talking about. I nicknamed that Ben, "Benigan," since he was the second one to come along. I came up with "Ben-O-Mite, because this Ben is such a tough guy - trying to be a fireman, and the testing they have to endure is fairly rigorous. When he told us about all he had to do and how well he did, something akin to "dynamite" popped into my head.

So here's Ben. He's both an OU Sooners fan, and a Duke Blue Devil fan - thus the mascots included in the drawing.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boise State sort of put out the light on that dynamite, didn't they?

Duke and OU, that's an unusual combination.