A collection of doodles with a bit of commentary by RICK GREEN - your cartooning friend

Saturday, February 3, 2007

Join Our Little Party


Today is my 50th birthday! But I'm not sweating it. I've been telling people so long that I am nearly 50 I've grown accustom to the idea.I've had a little bit of teasing - not much, but I told everyone to bring it on. I don't care.

Given it's a party dayt, I thought this piece was appropriate. When I did this one I drew it with no real idea of what I was going to draw. I was just doodling. This is the outcome.

I use this for my profile photo for my photo page in Webshots. I figure, better than my face. The sport coat on the main character remains me of a smilar jacket that I often wore to church while in High School. It didn't have pink lines - I think they were gold - but the rest looks pretty much the same.

What do you think?

2 comments:

Eti said...

Ok so now I say, are you the guy in the middle? And then if no.. you need to post your image!! Happy birthday (alittle late) but hope you had a good day!

Anonymous said...

Happy late birthday Cousin! As my mother always says...another birthday beats the alternative! When are you coming to Texas to visit your brother and your Uncle!?!..oh and me too! :-) Jennifer