A collection of doodles with a bit of commentary by RICK GREEN - your cartooning friend

Monday, March 15, 2010

Boatin' With the Grands

Stefani wrote me and said...
Hi, My name is Stefani and I have seen your work both on Because I Said So blog and a fellow twin mom friend here in San Diego, Tonya From a Day In My Life blog. I have been thinking about having a caricature done (and was just gonna contact Tonya for your name and info when I saw your contest post on Because blog tonight).
I love your work and was thinking it would make a great gift for my dad who has everything for his 68th birthday. I was thinking I would like it to include the whole family which is mom and dad, my husband and I plus 2 kids and twin babies and Brother, sister in law, young niece and new baby (due the end of march). Is this too many people? what would you charge for something like this? I look forward to hearing from you and discussing possible options. Thanks, Stefani


After sharing my (very reason- able) prices with Stefani she decided to go with a doodle of her parents with the six grandkids.  Together we came up with the idea of making it a boating scene.  


I had a lot of fun putting this together for her.  Large group illustrations can be a challenge to bring all the portraits together to make an interesting layout.  I'm happy with the way this one came together.


When I sent Stefani of photo of her piece she wrote back and said, Oh Rick, it's great.  So, love it, love it, love it.  Wow!  a three "love it" response.  That's pretty good.  

5 comments:

Heather said...

What a blessing, for the both of you. Very well done!!

Oklahoma Granny said...

Great work!

Hally said...

So fun! I love when you do 'family portraits'. Plus I enjoy a little Loch Ness too. :)

Anonymous said...

hi, thanks for stopping by my blog- this is great! the personalities are so evident in each face.

Amy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. You do wonderful work.. Thanks again.