A collection of doodles with a bit of commentary by RICK GREEN - your cartooning friend

Friday, October 3, 2008

Bug-Eyed Banjo

Hey there! I've got some carica- tures to upload but I need to do a little scan work before I do.

So here is another doodle I created while at that meeting last week.

I actually own a banjo. Do I play the banjo? No, but as I youth I had my aspirations.

My granddad left me his after he pass away. It's one of my treasured possessions. I have plans to pass it on to one of my grandchild someday - hopefully one that can actually play it. But, right now, we're working on the son-in-law thing.

The wedding is a week from tomorrow. I may be a little distracted next week - so much to get done.

And yes... PLEASE! Copy and Share If You Dare - if you can find an excuse to use it; maybe you're just a music lover - print it out for a coloring page for your child - give it to the school music teacher....

9 comments:

MaBunny said...

Love it! he looks very intent playing his banjo.

Reddirt Woman said...

I know I liked you for some reason, other than the Harley, the doodles, the love of okra and now the banjo. I always thought it would be fun to learn to play the banjo and the slide guitar. I'm going to have to make me a bucket list and start working on it, I guess.

Also wanted to let you know that I lifted your pit bull with lipstick and it's up. Can you tell I'm having too much fun with all this "larnin'"

Thank you, my friend.

Cheffie-Mom said...

Hi there! I'm Debbie. I'm so glad I found your blog today. I love your work. Stop by my blog and website soon. I love celebrating family, food, fun and friends!

raccoonlover1963/Lisa Myers said...

Hi Rick. sorry I haven't stopped by for a while. I had to completely re-do my computer last week. Wipe all the programs out and start all over again. In the process, I lost all my "favorite" from my internet, so when I realized somebody was missing, I went back to where I knew you had left a message and put you back in my favorites.
Great doodle, by the way!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Just keep on doing your thing, the wedding run smoothly and all will be over before you know it!

Chris H said...

Hope you do find someone to pass the banjo onto.... looking forward to some wedding doodles too! Eggy was well disguised this time, took me all of 30 seconds to find him!

Huse Yo Mama said...

You have some great doodles! I might have to get a custom piece!

I have a banjo that I know how to play, but don't - that really doesn't make it much better, though.

Thanks for stopping by my blog~!

Reddirt Woman said...

Dang, Rick... I knew you went to college in Oklahoma, but I don't know how I missed you being from Oklahoma. That just added another thing to like about you...

So sorry, I try not to miss important stuff like that.

Helen

Marina said...

Despite of my cold and fever your draws amused me!