A collection of doodles with a bit of commentary by RICK GREEN - your cartooning friend

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Yarn Candi

I know. I know. I've been MIA far too long. It's strange that it's so hard to get back into the rhythm of blogging when you get out of the habit. But I've had so many people tell me that they miss seeing new updates here that I just can't let it go too long.

Christmas is upon us and while I don't have as many request for caricatures as I have in the last two years I still have some pieces that I am working on.

This particular illustration is not a Christmas order, but one that Candi ordered for her blog several months back. She is a return customer. I created a doodle of her pilot husband back in May. I guess she liked it well enough to order one of herself.

This illustra- tion is actually a second attempt by me of her. I created one that I wasn't totally happy with, but then realized that I spelled her name with a "y" instead of an "i" on the end of Candi. That frustrated me so much that I put the project aside and then didn't get back to it until I had finished by little six week vacation. Candi was very patient with me and I am very appreciative about that.

I like the way this one turned out a whole lot more then the other one. She said that she liked it too, and that's what matters the most. Candi is going to be posting it as a header on her blog sometime in the future. It's not up there yet, so I guess you'll have to keep checking back until she gets it up. In the meantime you can order some yard candi from her.

In other news, I continue to add pages to my children picture book project. That's another one of the reasons I haven't been posting as much. I don't want to post any of that work here. Maybe someday you'll be able to order a copy of it off my blog. Just stay "tooned."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who are you and why have you hijacked Rick's blog? We have no idea where Rick is, but he's deserted us and whoever you are you had better let him go NOW!

By the way, you draw waaaay better than Rick does, bawahahaha!

(You've missed me haven't you buddy?!)

Alice said...

rick - glad to see you back online, buddy. i am really liking this drawing for Candi. makes me wonder what you charge for something like this? i keep thinking i want one, and keep changing my mind about what it would be of - lol! anyway, welcome back :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.