A collection of doodles with a bit of commentary by RICK GREEN - your cartooning friend

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Bee Sting B/W

My wife was painting our front deck last Saturday and unbeknownst to her (or anyone) some bees had taken up residence under a rock close to the front door. I guess they didn't appreciate her beautification efforts and stung her on a toe - PAINFUL! That night, after the bees went to bed, we gave them a house warming party - burned the little beggars with fire! It took two such events to remove our new neighbors - haven't seen them since.

My wife's plight inspired this cartoon. Today is her birthday.

The drawing will return with a color version soon. But, what do you think of this one?

2 comments:

Focus_ret said...

I like this version better than the one with color.

Dodi said...

I just got your comment on my page and decided to check out your blog. I love your "doodles!" My blog name comes from my kids...Doodlebug and Rhett a Rooskie, not doodle as in art.
I'm from Oklahoma too, and now Texas! Small world!