A collection of doodles with a bit of commentary by RICK GREEN - your cartooning friend

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Dr. Knight

This is a drawing that I did about three years ago - before I even knew what a blog was. It is of the gentleman that was the president of my college, three of the four years I was there. My class invited him to speak at our 25 year reunion. We were too cheap to pay him anything, so I drew this cartoon for him instead. He seemed to like it.

Dr. Knight is a gracious, warm person. His message was enjoyable and humorous. After being president of the college he was "promoted" (depending upon your point of view) to the position of General Superintendent; an honored position, which I figured is close to sainthood. Dr. Knight questioned my theology.

I found this copy of the drawing while I was looking through some old files on my home computer. What do you think?

No comments: