A collection of doodles with a bit of commentary by RICK GREEN - your cartooning friend

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Don't Bug Me

Some of my most productive doodle time happens during long boring meetings.  This last week was no exception.  I had to go to an all day meeting up in Salem (A 5 hour drive north of me), and while everybody else is sitting at a table trying to ask pertinent asks, there is Rick Green off to one side drawing his poor "whittle" fingers to the bone.

This particular doodle is a product of my creative expressions from that day.  I have a few more that I will post in time.

The thing that I like about my "Meeting Doodles" is that they are so unplanned.  I just start drawing and what comes out, comes out.  And, if you make any mistakes, you have to incorporate them some how into the illustration.  I really like how the guy on the left turned out.  I was feeling a bit sad about adding the second, long and lean fellow, on the right, but when I added the captions I felt that it all came together well.  But, as I often say, we're not talking about brain surgery here.  It's just a little fun—we're not creating the Mona Lisa.

I you haven't seen my free Valentine doodle yet be sure to scroll down for your chance to "copy and share"  something for your honey on Valentine.  AND!... Come back Wednesday for a doodle that I am looking forward to share with you.  (How's that for a teaser?)

3 comments:

Mari said...

I love this one. I feel this way at work when I have too much to do, and keep getting interrupted!

Molly said...

I like the tall skinny guy! Actually, I like the whole thing....an thanks for your comment on my birthday post!! : )

Anonymous said...

The big guy looks a bit like Richard M Nixon, LOL Probably busy figuring out those tapes.