A collection of doodles with a bit of commentary by RICK GREEN - your cartooning friend

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Phil - The Money Making Man

One of my most earliest caricatures that I posted on my blog was a drawing I did of my friend Eti.

Like many of you, who have become my Internet friends, I've never met her, but we struck up a friendship because of a mutual interest in photography. Eti is an accomplished photographer, and in my opinion, her skills have improved greatly even in the little time that I've gotten to know her. Check out her albums in Webshots, and her personal web page. She's good! I'm telling you she's good. Her skills in manipulating digital images are especially impressive.

On my last post Eti dropped in and made a comment. It reminded me that I've never posted the illustration that I did of her husband, Phil. It's been so long since I drew this particular piece that I forget the circumstances. I think it was a birthday present, a gift of some kind anyway. Eti said that Phil enjoyed playing the market, and so anything that connected him with making lots of money would be good.

The above drawing is what I came up with. I think I could do a better job with this illustration today - I've gain so much experience since then. But even now, as I look at it, I think that it ain't bad.

(I'm pretty sure that my "little friend" made it into the drawing - it's been so long. But, I didn't take time to look.)

Also, When it rains, it pours. I was honored to be given two blog awards recently.

One by Mum-me. (Not MY biological Mommy, but I guess the self proclaim Mum-me of us all.) She presented me with the "Arte y Pico" award, which is "dedicated to many who nourish and enrich the spirit and creativity." That sounds too fancy for me, but hey, who am I to refuse such an honor?

Thanks Mommy Mum-me.

Then, My friend The Bean... (That's what I call her. She's a bit more exclusive as to the type of bean she uses as her marker, but I find it more interesting to identify her with beans at large.) ...gave me this award.

She presented it to me because I posted something on my blog for Dystonia Awareness Week. Check out her blog for more information about that. Bean is another Internet friend. She's on my list for another doodle soon. So, be looking for more about her very soon.

Thanks Bean-O Bean. You're too kind and you're a friend.

I'm still drawing all the time. So stay "tooned" for more.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, thanks Rick! You are an apple! I would've said peach... but we both already know a peach! And... well, I just love apples!

Rick said...

To The Bean: Thanks Bean. A green apple I guess.

Cheryl Houston said...

Rick, you're little friend is in there! I have so much fun looking for him in your drawings.

JustinB said...

Mr.Rick congrad's on the awards!
I look forward on seeing your next
drawings.

Chris H said...

Hee hee , the sweet Bean gave me an award too... just a different one! Eggy is in da picture, you KNOW HE IS... I found him in 5 seconds flat! So did Griffin and he's only 6.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

lol Coffee bean you make me smile...yep eggys trapped in there! but I got a laugh out loud moment when I saw the hand sticking up out of the water! that is just a cute cute drawing I bet he LOVED it!
PEACH!~

Rick said...

To Peachie: Good eye. I forgot all about that little addition.

Mum-me said...

Hey Rick - glad you liked you award. Thanks for the mention.

And the reason I am Mum-me is because all day long all I hear from my six children is Mum-meeeeeee!!!!"

Even my husband calls me Mummy when speaking to me in front of the children. (No, don't worry, I am not going to tell you what he calls me when the children are not around.)

Eti said...

Rick, Thanks for posting Phil! I love the drawing and only the artist can say.. "I think I could have done better". To me it is perfect. xoxo Eti

S-V-H said...

Congratulations to your awards, rick!

And thank you for writing me a comment on my blog. I made that "No Tags - No awards" sign myself, that's why you have not seen it anywhere else. Feel free to copy it, if you need it. :-)

Andi said...

Hey Rick,

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I just read it this morning when I updated it. I'm bad, but aiming to get better. Go and read it for me please. You'll be surprised at how much better I feel nowadays.

THanks for the friendship.

I had a conversation with an area friend about my talent for art and painting. I should perhaps do one of my best sketches and scan it to my blog. I'll do it just for you. How about that?

We'll talk later,
Great day!

AKB